Hormones are the little chemical messengers of your body. They are produced in the endocrine glands and are circulated to the organs and tissues in order to modify structures and functions.
Many a times you may feel low and tired. This may be triggered by hormonal changes or hormonal imbalances. These are 5 common signs which might indicate hormonal problem:
1. Changes in Menstrual Cycle: Hormonal changes may result from irregular monthly cycles. Moodiness and pain in the abdomen are common. Hormonal problems may cause the following as well:
- Severe pain or cramping
- Heavy bleeding
- Longer or shorter duration of the cycles
Also premenstrual hormonal fluctuation causes difficulty in breathing if you are an asthma patient.
2. Fatigue: Fatigue is common to everyone. But feeling tired and hungry most of the time can be symptoms of hormones problem. This mainly happens due to low level of estrogen in a woman’s body.
3. Skin and Hair Changes: Low level of thyroid can result in dry skin and hair, rashes, hair fall and even brittle nails. You may even notice dark hair covering your chest, arms and back because of testosterone secreting tumor.
4. Poor Sleep: You may face trouble either waking up in the morning or falling asleep at night. This might be due to the hormonal imbalance such as night sweats and anxiety.
5. Sudden Weight Gain: Women generally fail to maintain a healthy weight due to hormonal imbalance. This happens due to decreased metabolism due to low level of thyroid hormones.
Hormonal imbalance is a critical issue. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and sleep well in order to maintain the hormonal balance in your body.