Strep throat is a contagious condition most commonly diagnosed in children between 5 to 15. However, it can affect almost anyone. Here are the causes and symptoms of strep throat:
The cause of strep throat is derived from the bacteria that causes it. The bacteria which causes it belongs to a group known as Streptococcus bacteria. However, there are various symptoms of it which make it relatively easy to identify and here are some of them…
1. The most common symptom of strep throat is a sudden high fever. If you were fine and suddenly got a fever of 101oF or higher, it is likely due to the fact that you have a strep throat.
2. Along with the fever, you will also have a sore, red throat with white patches.
3. This will be followed by headache and feeling cold much more easily than others.
4. You will have trouble swallowing and a loss of appetite.
5. You may even get swollen lymph nodes in your neck if it is severe.
However, some people get much more severe symptoms of strep throat than others which make it difficult to distinguish whether you have a strep throat or not. There have been other symptoms which have been associated with this disease. These include rashes, body aches and nausea or vomiting among younger children. However, one symptom that almost every doctor will agree on is having pain during swallowing.