The main objective of cosmetic surgery is to enhance the way a person looks, which in turn, helps in enhancing self-esteem and confidence. This surgery can be performed on any part of the body. In some situations, a less intense procedure can produce the same results as a surgery that is more invasive. Some of the various surgeries, with respect to the body are listed below:
1. Face: Major face enhancement surgeries include:
- Cheek Lift
- Chemical Peel
- Eyelid surgery
- Facial Countering
- Facial filters
- Facial Fillers
2. Body: Cosmetic surgeries done on the body include:
- Breast Reduction
- Laser hair removal
- Breast Augmentation
It is believed by many experts that cosmetic surgery is not suitable for everyone. There might be a number of factors that influence the decision of an individual to undergo cosmetic surgery. For example, a person might require psychological counselling before the surgery is conducted. Since most of the results of the surgeries are permanent, it is mandatory that the patient is completely sure about proceeding with the cosmetic surgery. Understanding how the cosmetic surgery affects the person on the inside is very important.
A proper understanding the following points properly before going for the surgery is very essential:
- A good discussion with the surgeon regarding the surgery and clearing any doubt.
- Realistic expectations from the surgery.
- Chronic health conditions such as diabetes are kept under control.
- No previous history of smoking or committed to quit smoking completely is very important.
- The Proper understanding of the risks and effects that the surgery will have on the body in the long-term.
Possible complications include:
- Infections at the site of incision
- Mild bleeding
- Accumulation of fluid under the skin
- Breakdown or scarring of skin
- Blood Clots