Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body. The quality and vision of life improve when you have a healthy eyesight. Some of the sight disorders may lead to vision impairment problems. It mainly affects in older ages.
By adopting various ways to maintain good eyesight can do a world of good to you.
Some of the steps include:
- A Comprehensive Eye Exam: Even if you are having a perfect vision, consulting your doctor and having a comprehensive exam can do better for you. It is because sometimes the symptoms are not that dominant such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy etc. A dilated eye exam is necessary in this case.
- Having a Family History: If you have someone in your family suffering from eye disorder especially your parents or siblings, you could be at a higher risk of getting vision problems. So, a constant check-up can do a world of good to you.
- Maintain an optimum weight: As you know that obesity can lead to numerous problems and is known as mother of all disease. It can lead to diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma eye disorders.
- Abstain from smoking and drinking: Tobacco and too much intake of alcohol can lead to serious health disorders and it can badly impact your eyes too. QUIT it.
- Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes look 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds.
- Wear your shades: While walking in the sun wear your shades and protect yourself from UV rays.
- Water your eyes: It is better for you to keep your eyes moisturized as it would lead to dry eye syndrome.
- Eat right: Stay tight and eat right. Healthy eating has a positive impact on your eyesight.
- Rest: Give your eyes a proper rest e.g. get to sleep on time and do not let the eyes open for a long time.
- Keep the screen at a fair distance: Constantly viewing screen from shorter distance for longer time causes Computer Vision Syndrome that affects eyes badly.