Hypertension is one of the most rampant medical conditions in today’s world. Every 5 out of 10 individuals tend to develop hypertension at some point of time in their lives. It also causes further complications in your heart or kidneys. High Blood Pressure is also one of the primary causes of heart attack or a stroke. That is why it is often regarded as a silent killer in the body.
Symptoms and Causes:
The most common symptoms include palpitations, nervous tension and frequent urination. The common causes include a stressful lifestyle coupled with excessive smoking. Obesity and certain metabolic disorders can also trigger hypertension.
An ayurvedic approach for the treatment of hypertension can be quite helpful to you. It does not involve intake of medicines which might have dangerous consequences and thus, is quite healthy as well in that regard.
- It basically involves performing breathing exercises , nutrition exercises, yoga and meditation.
- First of all, you would have to maintain a certain lifestyle which promotes your health.
- Try to avoid meat and eggs and also reduce the amount of salt intake. It would be great if you could remove salt completely from your diet.
- You should concentrate more on having a vegetarian diet. This is because fruits and vegetables are rich in minerals and nutrients which help you to stay healthy.
- Completely abstain from smoking and alcohol as they tend to increase your blood pressure levels to a large extent.
Regular exercising also helps to control your blood pressure to a great extent. A proper exercise program which consists of jogging or athletics brings down your blood pressure and reduces your body fat. Apart from these, yoga and meditation on a regular basis also help to maintain your blood pressure levels and subsequently prevent hypertension.