By Dr P. Phanisri , Dermatology
Every woman wishes to have a healthy and glowing skin. It is very difficult to manage your skin particularly when it is summer. During summer, you get exposed to sun tan, sun burn, marks, dry skin and dehydration leading to pimples and blemishes. Also exposure to harmful UV rays of the sun may lead to skin cancer.
It is thus very important to take good care of your skin, especially in summers.
Some of the best ways in which you can do that are:
- Exfoliation- Exfoliation removes dead and dry skin cells in order to improve hydration and prevent congestion. Do this twice or thrice in a week and get rid of dry and dull skin.
- Use sunscreen- Before you move out in the sun; remember to apply sunscreen on your face and hands. It protects you from skin burn and skin cancer. Select the proper SPF depending upon your skin type.
- Try not to stay out in between 10 am to 3 pm- 1 am to 3pm during the day is the time when the intensity of the sun’s rays is the highest. Avoid going out at this time as you may be exposed to radiations which may lead to various skin disorders.
- Drink enough water- During summer, your body gets dehydrated more often. This results in dry skin, spots, pimples, uneven skin tone and lack of glow. Drink plenty of water in order to avoid this.
- Eat healthy- Add lots of green vegetables and fruits to your diet. Avoid any diet rich in fats as such a diet can make your skin dry; thus resulting in wrinkles.
- Yogurt and honey cleanser- Yogurt and honey cleanser help in removing sun tan. Mix yogurt and honey with a little lime juice and cornstarch. Apply the concoction on your face and rinse it with cold water for best results.