BOTOX provides a quick and effective remedy for the facial lines and wrinkles that age, stress, worry, and environmental factors can produce, even on a younger person’s face. A BOTOX injection skin treatment smoothes frown lines on the forehead, between the eyes, and at the base of the nose.
With BOTOX, derived from Botulinum Toxin, “crow’s feet” wrinkles at the corners of the eyes fade or disappear for a more youthful and vital facial appearance. It is renowned for its usage in cosmetics, with over six million treatments being administered annually.
What Is BOTOX?
BOTOX is an injectable agent used to temporarily diminish or eliminate lines and wrinkles on the face by relaxing underlying facial muscles.
BOTOX contains a highly diluted form of the toxin and has been proven safe. This exceptional treatment is often used in conjunction with facial plastic surgery procedures such as a facelift or eyelid lift to maximize its cosmetic benefit.
BOTOX is most effective on the dynamic wrinkles which appear on your skin due to movement. For e.g., the movement caused due to smiling causes lines to form on your face. These lines are dynamic wrinkles.
1. A Non-Surgical Solution to Lines and Wrinkles – Many men and women can experience a flawless complexion without the need for surgical enhancement. BOTOX is minimally invasive and can help with wrinkles in the forehead, neck and around the mouth.
2. Proven to Lift the Brow – Over time your brow may drop or lower. With BOTOX treatments you can lift the brow making your face look less tired, giving you a more youthful appearance.
3. Decreases Excessive Sweating – For many men and women excess sweating under the arms is an embarrassing problem that must be dealt with on a day to day basis. A simple BOTOX treatment can lessen the amount of sweat produced to minimize this often embarrassing problem.
4. Reduce Migraines – Some clients say that after their BOTOX treatments they are surprised to find that they have fewer to no migraine headaches. This could be beneficial to those who suffer from chronic headaches.
5. When combined with Juvederm, BOTOX can give your whole face a more youthful look- Many of our patients choose to combine Juvederm injections with BOTOX injections to achieve a smoother, tighter look across their face. While BOTOX helps soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles between the brows, Juvederm has the same effect on the creases around your mouth.
6. BOTOX is clinically proven to be safe and effective - BOTOX was first used in other treatments, for instance, treating excessive sweating and overactive bladders, a few decades ago. Over the years, it has been aggressively studied and tested becoming clinically proven to be safe and effective for cosmetic use in 2002. Over the past two decades, BOTOX has been widely used among men and women across the country.
How it Works-
The toxin is injected in an extremely trace amount, which prevents the nerve cells from transmitting signals to the muscles.
The acetylcholine chemical responsible for the contraction of muscles cells is inhibited; thus removing wrinkles and fine lines.
Although BOTOX can be really helpful to you for various different reasons, it does have its own share of side effects. Some of the side effects of Botox are listed below:
- After being injected with a dose of BOTOX, you might get headaches for some time.
- You might get a bruise at the point of injecting the BOTOX, along with pain.
- A long term side effect which you might suffer from is drooping eyelids and eyebrows. This will take some time to heal.
However, all the side effects of BOTOX are transient and minor…
You may have to use eye drops, ointment or special contact lens if the surgery is performed on the eye muscles. If you are being treated for excessive sweating, you must not shave your underarms about 24 hours prior to the treatment. Using Botox more than the prescribed number of times might cause serious side effects.