Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the various joints within the body. Most commonly affected areas are knees, shoulders elbows, knuckles and other joints. It is not only a painful condition but may worsen to become severely debilitating.
Causes and Symptoms-
Rheumatism is classified as an auto-immune disease where the immune system starts attacking the healthy cells of the body. It’s symptoms may include:
- Intense pain in the morning
- Mild fever with the pain
- Joints suddenly turning swollen red & warm
- Stiffening of the joints
- Sudden increase in pain during low-temperature conditions
- Extreme tiredness etc.
There is still debate about the exact cause of the disease and the effects of the autoimmune disorder, although certain people have been found to be more at risk than others. Some of the people who are more at risk tend to be:
- People suffering from obesity,
- Women more than men
Homoeopathy considers arthritis as a constitutional problem and treats it accordingly. Homeopathy can prove to be a great boon for all those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex chronic disorder and needs to be evaluated properly before any prescription is made. As Homoeopathic prescription is based upon careful analysis of the symptoms of the patients, it is a system of medicine that understands and treats the patient’s individualized disease characteristics deeply enough to ensure the complete elimination of the disease from the root. The activated dilutions of Homoeopathic medicines stimulate the body’s own restorative system to eradicate the disease. When rightly prescribed, they are extremely safe. Selecting the right homeopathic medicine requires complete analysis of the body on various levels- mental, physical and particulars (i.e. the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis). The following homeopathic medications are said to be very useful in curing rheumatoid arthritis:
- Arnica – Useful for the symptoms of sore & bruised feeling in the joints along with severe pain even with the slightest of movements.
- Kalmia latifolia – This homeopathic preparation is useful in reducing joint pains which begin from the upward joints of elbows & moves slowly towards the lower parts like the hands & wrists. Immense pain during the night time and sudden pain during movement can also be controlled very well by this medication.
- Pulsatilla – This medication is extremely useful in relieving symptoms of varied arthritic pain, and immense pain felt in hot climatic situations.
- Bryonia – Bryonia is used in the symptoms of red, inflamed and immensely painful joints. It is also effective in pain caused due to movements but which becomes okay after rest. Pain symptoms where it becomes unbearable during hot weather conditions or pain on one side of the body during cold conditions can be easily remedied by Bryonia.
- Ledum Pal – This homeopathic preparation offers a remedy for joint pains which begin from the knee and spreads towards the upper portions of the body, immense pain in hot weather conditions & night time coupled with the feeling of coldness all the time.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for rheumatoid arthritis. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.