PMS or pre-menstrual symptoms are certain troublesome symptoms which you may undergo before the onset of your monthly periods. The symptoms may either be physical or completely psychological. You may experience physical symptoms such as abdominal bloating, diarrhea, constipation and tenderness in the breast. Mental symptoms include being depressed, irritability and mood swings.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine that treats the symptoms of PMS without causing any side effects. The various homeopathic remedies for PMS are –
1) Ignatia: Ignatia is a very effective treatment for PMS; it usually eases symptoms of mood swings and depression that accompanies PMS.
2) Sepia: Sepia is another remedy for PMS and is very beneficial for the irritable feeling that is often experienced during PMS. The other symptoms it is effective in treating are pain in the uterus and anxiety.
3) Pulsatilla: Symptoms of increased sensitivity to almost everything may be common during PMS; Pulsatilla is advised for these situations
4) Conium: If you are affected by tenderness and swelling of the breast, then conium is the right remedy for you. The breast may harden and may cause pain if you touch it.
5) Lachesis: Lachesis is recommended if you suffer from pain and general body aches during PMS. You may also have frequent headaches which disappear once the periods start. Rise in temperature of the body is a common symptom at this time.