By Dr.Prashant Ruikar , Homeopathy
Stuffy nose or nasal congestion is characterized by symptoms of mucus buildup, congested nose and pain in the sinuses. Usually it is caused by underlying conditions such as hay fever (irritation and allergy caused by dust or pollen), allergies and environmental irritants. The blockage of the nose can either be partial or complete, depending on the cause.
Homeopathic Treatment for Stuffy or Blocked Nose-
The Homeopathic treatment for blocked nose is very effective in removing nasal blockage. The Homeopathic medicines, which are made of natural substances and are completely safe with no side effects, are very capable and competent in the treatment of a blocked nose. The Homeopathic medicines are decidedly more effective than nasal sprays and decongestants.
The most suitable Homeopathic remedies are chosen after looking at and analysing the symptoms in each individual. The symptoms that are taken note of are the side of nose blockage, the time at which the blockage is at its peak, peculiar worsening and relieving factors, any alteration of blockage with nasal discharges, the character of nasal discharge and sneezing. Associated symptoms taken into consideration before deciding on the best Homeopathic remedy are headache or any effect on ears of a patient with blocked nose.
Some of the common homeopathic remedies for a stuffy nose are:
- Nux Vomica: Nux vomica is a remedy that is very useful in treating congestion of the nose that worsens at night. Nasal discharge during the day is also common.
- Lemna Minor: This remedy is very effective in treating blockage of the nose caused due to polyps. The symptoms include loss of smell and stuffiness in the nose.
- Sambucus: Sambucus is the best remedy to treat stuffy nose that is accompanied by a dry nasal cavity. You may experience breathing difficulties and may feel suffocated. This remedy is also administered to infants with this condition.
- Arsenic Album: Arsenic album is recommended if you have a stuffy nose resulting from nasal allergies. Discharge from the eyes is also a common symptom treated by this medicine.
- Kali Iodatum: Kali Iodatum is a homeopathic remedy for blocked nose wherein the symptoms include loss of smell and breathing difficulties.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for stuffy nose. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.