Back pain is a severe pain in the lower back portion of the body caused generally due to muscle strains or spinal problems. This is a fairly common medical condition and the pain can be acute or chronic in nature.
Back pain may occur due to:
- Poor posture habit
- Fall or injury to low back
- Lack of proper exercise
- Osteoporosis, scoliosis, sprain, strain of muscles or ligaments of the low back
- Over weight
- Other serious medical conditions such as osteoarthritis and cancer
The chances of getting back pain usually increase after the age-limit of 50, in both the genders. It results in significant pain and discomfort for the concerned person.
Ayurvedic Remedies to Back Pain-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, back pain occurs due to an aggravation of vata (resulting from an unhealthy diet, extreme anxiety, dehydration and suppression of muscles, collectively denoted as dosha). The Ayurvedic remedies aim at restoring the lost equilibrium of the vata and the subsequent improvement of your health. Also, check Ayurveda for high blood pressure.
The most effective Ayurvedic remedies to cure back pain are as follows:
- You can consume an herbal preparation of 100 ml of Black gram daily for a week to relieve yourself from the pain.
- You can consume a glass of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice regularly before your breakfast to get rid of the back pain.
- If the back pain causes significant difficulties in your daily routine, you can drink a cup of tea with a teaspoon of ajwain seeds (bishop’s weed seeds) in it to relieve yourself from the pain.
- Padahastasana (an exercise where you have to bend forward while standing) is known to be an effective remedy for back pain as this exercise initiates the normal passage of stools (If the back pain occurs due to a severe contraction of stool passage).You can also try Anuloma-Viloma, (a breathing exercise where you have to breathe from alternate nostrils) which is very effective to restore the lost equilibrium of the vata.
- You can also consume a mixture of 5 grams of Triphala powder in lukewarm water after dinner to get rid of or at least reduce back pain significantly.