By Dr. Ramesh Chander Yadav, Homeopathy
Dandruff is a condition of the scalp and is characterized by tiny scales and white flakes on the scalp. Although this condition is not at all severe, frequent instances of dandruff can be a cause of embarrassment for you.
Severe itching of the scalp along with the appearance of white flakes on the part of your clothing that covers the shoulder might be, and usually is indicative of dandruff.
Dandruff can be caused due to a variety of factors; the most common ones include following bad hair hygiene, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, excessively dry or oily skin, eczema, hormonal imbalances, excessive stress levels and side effects of serious medical conditions such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease.
Homeopathic Medicines Can Treat Dandruff-
Homeopathy is a wonderful alternative treatment option for Dandruff. Homeopathic medicines for Dandruff are safe and effective in their action. They act at the root to stop recurrence of the disease process. They stimulate the disease fighting mechanism of the body. As the healing system of the body is strengthened, the disease is completely eradicated. Therefore, aside from being natural, Homeopathic medicines for Dandruff and other ailments give us the advantage of using the body’s own restorative processes to make it disease-free.
The effective homeopathic remedies for dandruff are as follows:
- Phosphorus: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure dandruff with symptoms of a severe itching sensation on the scalp accompanied by hair fall.
- Natrum Muriaticum: This preparation helps address the various signs of dandruff, especially if you are anemic.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Bald patches on the scalp caused due to dandruff is a symptom that is efficiently treated by this particular homeopathic remedy. It is also recommended to treat dandruff that is coupled with moist and sticky yellow flakes on the scalp.
- Lycopodium: This provides effective remedy against dandruff, especially if it is accompanied by frequent instances of an oozing foul smelling discharge along with the appearance of gray hair. Usually, these symptoms tend to worsen during summer or in general warm conditions.
- Sepia: If the dandruff on your scalp is accompanied by sensitivity at the hair roots, frequent episodes of hair fall and an itchy sensation on your scalp, Sepia can just be the medicine you are looking for.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Dandruff. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.