Rising with the sun is considered to be a healthy habit among various cultures; and with good reason too. Rising early has many benefits, not just for the physical health, but also for your mental health. Beating the clock and starting your day at 5 a.m. is considered to be one of the healthiest lifestyle habits that you can imbibe. So if you haven’t started yet, start now.
Here are the 5 benefits of rising early:
- More energy to work throughout the day: Breaking your sleep early in the morning can make you feel more energetic throughout the day. It gives you optimism that you can use to good effect as the day unfolds.
- More time to plan your day ahead: Waking up early can give you more time to plan your day ahead, as you get that much extra time for yourself.
- Best time to meditate: If you wake up early and meditate for 5-10 minutes, then it can set the tone for the day. Meditation helps in calming the mind and allows you to focus better in any job at hand.
- Time for that necessary ‘sweating it out’: Waking up early can also give you more time to exercise, which means that you can focus on improving your mental health as well as physical health. An early morning jog is one of the best options in this regard; it can help you to keep your weight at optimal levels and can also better the whole body functioning.
- Time to review your goals: Morning is the time when you are the most relaxed, thus making it the best time to review your goals.
Now that you know about the benefits of waking up early, it is time to focus on the ‘how’ of it. Some simple steps to wake up early are-
- going to bed early (around 10pm)
- not eating heavy meals for dinner
- make sure you keep your room dark, quiet and cool once you go to bed at night as that helps you get sound sleep