Excessive bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood can lead to a host of health concerns, certain fatal ones being a number of heart diseases or cardiovascular health conditions. Correcting high levels of cholesterol in the blood might require you to eat certain foods which will help you in maintaining cholesterol at optimal levels. Read on to find out what those foods are:
The foods that help you to maintain optimal cholesterol levels are –
- Oats: Oats are whole grains that contain ‘Beta-Glucan’ (naturally occurring poly-saccharides in the cellular walls of bacteria, fungi and yeast) which helps in absorbing bad cholesterol (LDL) from your body. You can include it in your breakfast or eat them as wonder snacks.
- Red Wine: Red wine is another effective remedy that helps in lowering your cholesterol levels. It is advised to consume red wine is moderate amounts to fully reap its best effects.
- Nuts: Nuts such as cashews and almonds are good for your heart as they contain heart healthy mono-saturated fats. These fats help in reducing bad cholesterol levels in the body and preventing cardiovascular disorders.
- Tea: Tea, especially the green variant, is rich in anti-oxidants that help in promoting overall wellbeing and limiting free radical damage. It is also known to reduce the risks of coronary heart disease.
- Beans: Beans are rich in fiber that helps in slowing down the rate of cholesterol absorption by the body. Include foods such as kidney beans and pinto beans in your diet to remedy the excess levels of bad cholesterol.
- Chocolate: Chocolates, especially dark chocolates, are replete in antioxidants that help in limiting damage to your arteries by keeping them free from obstruction; they also boost good cholesterol levels in the body.