By Dr. Malhotra Ayurveda, Ayurveda
A good sex life can make you stress-free and healthy. Many times an unhealthy and stagnant sex life can affect your marriage or relationship with your partner and can also result in the loss of self-esteem. Sex also makes you relaxed and helps you build a strong bond with your partner.
How can you make your sexual life better and healthier through ayurveda?
- Massaging with Ayurvedic oils – This is a great way to experience sensual sex. Massaging intensifies your arousal and makes you more comfortable in each other’s skin. Massage is also a great way to reduce stress and increase the intimacy between you and your partner. A good massage can also reduce body pain and make you more energetic during intercourse. Some Ayurvedic Oils, which are specially medicated for relaxing massages and for boosting sexual energy, can be used after consultation with your Ayurveda practitioner.
- Avoid Alcohol and Smoking – Consuming alcohol and nicotine products can affect your libido and lead to a low sex drive. Avoiding alcohol consumption and reducing smoking will make you healthier and increase your libido.
- Exercising, Yoga and Meditation – Sometimes a weak body can also lead to a low libido. It is necessary to exercise daily to keep yourself fit which will give you more energy while having sex. Yoga helps you get better control of your body while mediation helps keep your mind calm and reduce stress thus improving your sex life.
- Prevent Stress – When a person is stressed, his or her body produces cortisol (a stress hormone) which may hamper sex drive. This can also make you feel lethargic and depressed. Meditation, as mentioned above, will not only reduce stress for sex but will also improve your control and help you manage it better.
- Ayurvedic Herbs – Herbs such as garlic, shilajit, shatavari, Ashwagandha, goskhura and jaiphal are very effective in curing ailments related to sexuality and also improve libido making both the male and female partner interested in sex. There are multiple herbs and preparations which address an entire range of problems. However, it is best to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before taking concrete steps.