By Chhavi Bansal , Homeopathy
Acne rosacea is a chronic disorder of the skin which causes red and abnormal swelling of the facial skin of the facial skin (especially the cheeks, nose, and chin). Rosacea is generally caused due to a frequent dilation of the facial blood vessels which causes the skin to become thick.
Although what exactly causes Rosacea is unknown, you might be prone to this condition if you are frequently exposed to high temperatures, harmful UV radiations of the sun or are subject to high levels of stress. Excessive consumption of alcohol can also be a cause. A family history of rosacea or a sensitive skin texture can also make you vulnerable to this skin disorder. This condition can be extremely embarrassing for you, not to mention the significant discomfort resulting from the disease.
- Redness of the face in localized areas or covering the entire face.
- A tendency to flush or blush easily.
- A burning or stinging sensation of the face.
- Increased number of spider-like blood vessels (telangiectasia) of the face.
- Rhinophyma (red, bulbous nose)Pimple like skin eruptions.
- Watery eyes with redness.
Homeopathy is based on the principle of similars, which states that a substance that may cause certain symptoms can alleviate those same symptoms at a lower dose. This principle was already elaborated centuries earlier by Hippocrates. Homeopaths consider that the best therapies are individualized, hence several people (3 patients in this paper) with the same physical diagnosis may receive three different homeopathic treatments.
Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body’s natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being. Since it is a holistic form of medication, Homeopathy is an excellent choice for Rosacea. The most effective homeopathic preparations to treat Rosacea are as follows:
- Agaricus muscariu: Useful for symptoms such as severe redness of the face along with a persistent itchy sensation.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This preparation is effective if the condition affects the eyes and exhibits symptoms such as itching around the eyes, redness and a watery discharge.
- Carbo vegetabilis: This homeopathic preparation is particularly useful to cure Rosacea accompanied by symptoms of visible blood vessels which impart a bluish hue to the face.
- Nux Vomica: This homeopathic remedy is useful to cure Rosacea resulting from excessive alcohol consumption.
- Psorinum: Particularly beneficial in treating pimples resulting from rosacea, this medicine is also effective if the disorder happens to worsen with consumption of caffeine.
- Hydrocotyle asiatica: If rosacea causes your skin to thicken and harden significantly, this medicine can work wonders in easing the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines Rosacea. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.