Certain foods are supposed to boost your libido when they are consumed. These food items are known as aphrodisiacs. Other than boosting your sex drive, they can also prove to be useful in addressing sex-related issues such as impotence or erectile dysfunction.
Listed below are five foods which can boost your libido:
- Spinach: Spinach is a brilliant aphrodisiac as it is rich in magnesium which increases the flow of blood below the belt. For women, getting an orgasm becomes easier while for men, spinach helps in sustaining an erection which ensures a better sexual intercourse for the both of you.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is the most amazing aphrodisiac as it boosts ‘serotonin’ and ‘dopamine’ levels in the brain. Increase in these hormonal levels lowers stress and relaxes blood vessels, allowing a smooth and uninterrupted blood flow. Cocoa also eases the flow of blood through the arteries which helps in maintaining an erection for a longer period.
- Green Tea: Green tea is loaded with catechins (a certain compound) which help in blasting belly fat. Catechins help in boosting libido by increasing blood flow to the necessary regions. This compound also helps in releasing nitric oxide in the blood vessels which lead to an improved blood flow.
- Oysters: Oysters are loaded with zinc which ensures an elevation in the testosterone (male hormone) levels which help in improving physical performance. A study has also proven that zinc can help in treating infertility in males, which is why you should add more oysters to your meals.
- Fatty Fishes: Fatty fishes such as salmon, trout and mackerel are loaded with Omega-3 acids and essential oils which help in improving blood circulation and boosting the flow of blood to your genitals. Consuming these foods can also raise the dopamine levels which help in setting a mood for sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.