‘Varicose Veins’ is a common problem that affects the legs of a person as the veins become swollen or enlarged. The veins are blood vessels which perform a very crucial function of ensuring the flow of blood from the different parts of the body to the heart. In most cases, this blood lacks oxygen which is why the veins appear to be blue in colour.
Varicose veins occur in the superficial veins of your leg. In most cases, these veins cause immense pain while indulging in any physical activity. In severe cases, it can also cause swelling, eczema and thickening of the skin.
Treatment of Varicose Veins-
Treatment of varicose veins in allopathic system of medicine is rather disappointing. The only thing that allopathy can offer is surgery. For those who are not willing to go in for surgery, allopathy has just general advice on management of varicose veins. The general precautions are that one should not stand still for too long. One should keep moving one’s legs if one has to stand for some length of time. Also, while sitting or lying down, the legs should be elevated a bit. Wearing tight stockings is also of help. Exercising or walking can help improve blood circulation, thereby improving the varicosities. Losing weight and keeping it within one’s advisable weight limit is also helpful.
Homeopathic Treatment for Varicose Veins-
When it comes to homeopathic treatment of varicose veins, one can confidently say that the homeopathic treatment of varicose veins is much more successful as compared to the allopathic treatment. The homeopathic medicines work by improving the blood circulation in the body and specially the legs. At the same time, the valves in the veins of the legs are strengthened. This means that the valves are able to perform their function optimally. This does not allow the blood to stagnate in the legs or the lower part of the body. Over a period of time, the blue discoloration and the swelling in the veins disappears.
Homeopathic medicines have been proven to be extremely effective in treating varicose veins. If you are suffering from the problem of varicose veins, you could avail the following medicines:
- Hamamelis: It is a very effective medicine, which along with soothing the varicose veins, helps in curing the extreme bleeding and soreness from the leg veins.
- Vipera: Vipera is a very effective homeopathic preparation which helps in relaxing the swelling in the varicose veins and reducing cramps and pain as well.
- Pulsatilla: In some cases, varicose veins might start developing during pregnancy and result in intense pain. Pulsatilla is a wonderful cure for the veins which have become swollen and sore due to this condition.
- Calcarea: In cases where the patient is overweight yet malnourished, the varicose veins might cause a burning sensation. Calcarea is an effective homeopathic remedy which is effective in curing pain and excessive sweating due to varicose veins.
- Graphite: Graphite is a great homeopathic preparation which can ease cramps in the legs and helps in curing varicose pain.
- Arnica: Arnica is a very popular homeopathy medicine and has been known to be very effective in treating the inflammation and burning sensation in varicose veins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.