Erectile dysfunction is a disorder where a man faces serious impediments trying to maintain an erection during intercourse. Anyone can face erectile dysfunction once or twice in his life due to multiple factors such as stress and anxiety or even having a new partner. However, if it becomes a regular phenomenon, it can severely affect the person’s relationship status and his mental state.
Erectile dysfunction can occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. The causes of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Erectile dysfunction can be a symptom of underlying medical conditions like hypertension, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, diabetes, anemia, obesity, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. If you are undergoing any treatment for prostate cancer or recently had a surgery in the pelvic region, your chances suffering from the disorder are also quite high.
- Sometimes, a person might experience erectile dysfunction as a side effect of certain medications.
- If you have a history of excessive drug, alcohol or tobacco abuse, you can suffer from the disorder as well.
- Since the brain is the most important erogenous zone responsible for erections, any form of psychological trauma, anxiety or stress might trigger a significant trouble in having and maintaining an erection. Also, a subconscious sexual aversion towards your partner could also trigger erectile dysfunction.
The symptoms of erectile dysfunction are:
- Problems in getting an erection.
- Problems in maintaining an erection.
Ayurveda can provide effective cures for Erectile dysfunction if followed properly. The most effective Ayurvedic preparations to cure erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Add 2 tablespoons of ginger paste in 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey and mix it well. If you can drink this mixture daily for 2 to 3 times a day, it might provide an effective cure for erectile dysfunction.
- You can add Jeera powder (which is high in Zinc and potassium content) to your regular food in order to increase the blood flow to your genitals.
- You can also consume a prescribed dosage of Ashwagandha herb in order to restore your sex life.
- A regular consumption of a glass of pomegranate juice (which is full of anti-oxidants and thereby increases the blood flow to the genitals) might reinstate your lost sexual vigor and help you get and maintain erections.
- You can drink a cup of warm milk with boiled drumstick flowers regularly for a couple of months to see marked improvement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.