If you have got dry skin, things are bound to get difficult, irrespective of what season it is. You may have several questions in mind, such as which type of face wash is not suitable for your skin, and how to apply make-up.
Your dry skin may occur because of certain habits, health conditions, or may be generic as well.
Here are 7 top tips you should follow for getting rid of dry skin:
- Use Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is considered to be an ideal topical treatment for dry skin condition. Coconut oil gets absorbed into your skin very slowly and takes in every drop of moisture. It also heals conditions like eczema and psoriasis, which make your skin dry.
- Avoid Steamy Showers: Steamy showers may cause damage to your skin. You do not need to take cold showers, but you must use warm water instead of steaming hot water. This helps in improving the moisture intake of your skin.
- Exfoliate Your Skin: Exfoliating your skin is essential in case of dry skin. Exfoliation helps in removing the dry and dull skin from your skin surface so that fresh and new skin can grow. Use gentle skin exfoliants instead of harsh ones. You should exfoliate thrice a week for ideal results.
- Flaxseed Oil: Flaxseed oil contains omega-3 essential fatty acids, which hydrate your skin and shed dry, flaky skin moisture from underneath. Flaxseed oil capsules are also effective, but the body absorbs more of it when used in pure oil form.
- Quit Using Bar Soap: A plain, white bar soap is a drying agent and if you apply it on your skin which is already dry, certain ill effects are likely to be seen. You should use a face wash or body wash, which is moisturising and helps in cleansing as well.
- Moisturise your Skin: It is a common thing for many people with dry skin to skip the regular moisturising schedule. This may be because of several reasons. However, you must not skip skin moisturising due to any factor. Use a spray alternative to lotion in case you want to make the process quick and brisk.
- Drink More Water: You should cut down your intake of coffee and hard beverages if you have got dry skin. Coffee is a diuretic which makes the body lose fluids, while alcohol causes dehydration. You have to consume a lot of water to prevent your skin from drying out. Have at least eight glasses of water regularly.
You can also try measures such as moisturising your skin before taking a shower. This is effective for retaining moisture even after a warm water bath, which tends to dry out your skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.