Back pain can be felt anywhere between the neck and tail bone. However, the lower back is the most common site for back pain. It is called lumbago. Back pain can be acute or chronic in nature. It may be of muscle, bone, joint or nerve origin. Lifting heavyweight objects, maintaining improper posture while sitting or lying down, injury, disc herniation and muscle strain are some basic reasons for back pain. Back pain, when felt in the neck, may radiate down the arms and hands. Lower back pain may radiate down the legs and feet. Weakness, tingling, numbness may be felt in arms/hands or legs/feet from nerve involvement. Back pain may be accompanied by marked stiffness. Medical practitioners believe that back pain is an outcome of ache in the bones, muscles and ligaments.
Yes, Homeopathy can treat Back Pain
Homeopathic medicines are very powerful and effective in treating back pain. Back pain of muscle origin, from injuries or disc bulges can be successfully cured with Homeopathic medicines. Back pain radiating to the upper or lower limbs can also be wonderfully dealt with using Homeopathic medicines. While prescribing Homeopathic medicines for back pain, the cause and aggravating factors are studied in detail in each case.
Common Back Pain Signs Include:
- Weight loss
- Inflammation in the back and neck
- Ache in the legs and below the knees
- Injury in the back
- Urinary incontinence (loss in bladder control)
- Pain while passing urine
- Inconsistencies in passing faeces
- Numbness around the anus and genitals
Common Causes of Back Pain:
- Poor posture
- Sleep disorders
- Shingles (nerve infection)
- Spinal cancer
- Muscle tension
- Over stretching
- Abnormal curvature of the spine
- Muscle spasms
- Strained ligaments
- Abrupt and awkward movement
The symptoms of back pain can be treated by availing homeopathy medicines which have been proven to be effective in treating the pain effectively. Listed below are a few homeopathic medications which could help in treating this condition:
- Rhus Tox: This homeopathic preparation is very effective in treating back pain and stiffness in the bones. The pain which is caused due to muscle strain can also be treated by availing this particular medicine.
- Bryonia: If the back pain is because of a muscle pull which might be a reaction of an abrupt movement, it can be treated with the help of Bryonia. This medicine provides relief and helps in getting rid of the pain in no time.
- Aesculus: If the pain is confined to the lower back and the hip region, Aesculus can prove to be effective in providing relief. It also helps in healing stiffness and muscle spasms in the back.
- Cobaltum: Cobaltum is a very effective homeopathic preparation which helps in relieving lower back pain and strained ligaments.
It is always recommended to consult a homeopathic practitioner to help determine the best remedy based on your symptoms.