By Dr. Prashant Ruikar, Homeopathy
Bloating is a condition in which the abdomen swells up and the affected person starts feeling uneasy. It affects both children and adults. Gas is a condition which is characterized by bloating, burping and pain in your abdomen. It usually forms when swallowed air reacts with the gases created by the stomach bacteria breaking down the undigested food in your large intestine. Excessive gas by itself can also lead to bloating of the stomach.
Gas can also cause a lot of problems if not treated on time, such as:
- Acute and sudden abdominal pain.
- Vomiting due to dizziness caused by gas.
- Weight loss if gas formation or bloating becomes chronic.
- Fainting can also be an early symptom of excessive gas build up.
- Bleeding from the anus in severe cases.
Homeopathy For Bloating and Gas-
Homeopathy can be a great help for those who suffer from this too much gas problem. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas are-
- Carbo-Vegetabilis – This is possibly the most commonly prescribed medication for common gas and bloating related disorders. This medication is effective in treating bloating and gas formation in the upper abdominal region. Symptoms where this medication may be prescribed include sour burping with a burning sensation, relief with passing wind and even slight difficulties in breathing.
- Magnesium Phosphorus – An effective remedy if you are have pain in your lower abdomen due to the accumulation of gas. The pain might be a constant cramping pain or it may come and go. Hiccups and belching may also accompany the episodes of stomach pain.
- Natrum Carbonicum – Some people have to stay on very restrictive diets for most of their lives due to the fear of gas and bloating. Certain food items may suddenly trigger the painful build up of gas and also cause bloating. Milk products can cause diarrhea with these people as well. Natrum Carbonicum works wonders in such cases.
- Nux Vomica – If your bloating is caused by indigestion then Nux Vomica is one of the best options out there to correct this problem.
- Lycopodium – If you have a tendency to of bloating or gas after consuming onion or garlic, Lycopodium is a great remedy.
- Pulsatilla – Naither commonly used medication, pulsatilla is use when you have slow digestive system and bloating is caused by eating sweet products such as ice-creams or cakes and fatty food in general.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for bloating and gas. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.