By Dr. Pradeep Kolhe, Sexology
Premature ejaculation is an uncontrolled ejaculation of semen; either prior to or right after the penetration; with minimal sexual stimulation. This can be a cause of unsatisfactory sex both for both the partners involved.
- Doctors are of the opinion that indulging in sexual encounters early on in life may initiate a pattern of premature ejaculation that is generally difficult to be altered in one’s later life.
- Anxiousness in getting an erection may lead to a habit of rushed ejaculation
- Anxiety, guilt and depression.
- Relationship issues with your partner.
- Abnormal hormonal levels
- Abnormal level of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals)
- Abnormality in the ejaculatory system’s reflex activity
- Certain thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Infection and inflammation of the urethra or prostate
- Inherited factors and traits
- Nerve damage due to trauma or surgery; although its rare
The primary indication of premature ejaculation is the inability to delay semen discharge by a minimum of one minute; right after penetration or even during masturbation.
- If you consistently have trouble in getting or maintaining an erection, you may be at a greater risk of premature ejaculation.
- The risk also heightens if you suffer from performance anxiety.
- Stress can limit your ability to focus and relax during a sexual intercourse; the two factors that are primarily required when you indulge in lovemaking.
- In order to remedy this condition, one should limit his alcohol intake and abstain from smoking.
- Practicing certain techniques that delay ejaculation such as learning to recognize and manage those sensations which stimulate the ejaculation can help as well.
- Using a condom every time while having sex can help minimize the sensations experienced by the penis, thus delaying ejaculation
- Changing and trying out different postures while having sex can somewhat help in delaying ejaculation.
- Behavioral therapy or counseling can cut out anxiety that may have otherwise triggered premature ejaculation.
- Various AYURVEDIC formulations are extremely effective and successful. Such patients may contact AYURVEDIC doctor.