If you have been feeling stressed out lately, beware! It could have a negative effect on your relationship. Stress can hamper your perception about the partner and cloud your judgments. Stress leads to all sorts of problems in a relationship: unnecessary arguments which could have been avoided, decrease in libido and even a fall in desire to be together. Any bad decision taken in the heat of the moment can have strong repercussions.
There are ways you can prevent stress from ruining your love life:
- Feeling of Touch: Due to stress, you may not be able to experience the emotions your partner is trying to convey by means of a touch. You may cringe in anger from a loving touch of your partner. This can create unwanted space between you and your partner and cause friction in the relationship.
- Emotionally Unavailable: You may be physically present but absent emotionally. You may not respond to your partner’s emotional needs and thus, unwantedly create a vacuum. Being easily irritated, distracted and inattentive are some of the symptoms of a person who is emotionally unavailable.
- Sudden Bursts of Anger: You may get angry very easily, suppose when your partner makes a simple mistake. You can overreact and blow the issue out of proportion. This may lead to a wedge in your relationship.
There are certain steps you can take to rectify such a scenario:
- Deep Breathing: Deep breathing techniques help to release stress from the body. Practice simple breathing techniques such as the 4-7-8 technique, where your inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds and then keep on exhaling for 8 seconds. Repeat the procedure for 15-20 times for maximum benefits.
- Communicate: Communicate with your partner on a regular basis so that he/she gets your point of view. If you are under stress, let your partner know. This can resolve all issues and will surely make your partner more understanding and acknowledging of the issues bothering you.