You have a tooth missing? Think of Dental Implants ? If you have one or multiple teeth missing due to any reason, Dental Implants can be used to replace the missing tooth. Dental Implants can fulfil both functional as well as aesthetic requirements. Dental Implants are artificial root forms which are placed in the bone by a surgical procedure. Once the artificial root form is in place, it is used to replace the structure which we see in the mouth, the crown of the tooth. Before placing a Dental Implant, your dentist will thoroughly evaluate you by ways of X-rays and needed blood tests to check your general health and oral health.
The Implant Placement Procedure-
A suitable dental implant ( which is a titanium made root form ) is selected based on clinical and other evaluations. With the help of a small surgical procedure the selected Implant /s are placed in the bone. This procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia. Once the implant is in place, it is left to heal for about 6 to 12 weeks in which time it fuses with the bone. After appropriate healing, the supporting structure is placed and a tooth replacement done using dental Crowns or Bridges. In some cases your dentist may feel the need to giving you an immediate replacement which may be of temporary or permanent nature.
Benefits of Dental Implants-
Your smile should last a lifetime. With dental implants, it will. Replacing missing teeth is important: to your overall health and also to the health of your other teeth. When natural teeth are missing, you lose chewing ability, and unreplaced teeth can cause other teeth to be lost, tipped or crowded. Missing a tooth, or teeth, creates problem after problem after problem. Having missing teeth is embarrassing, and if left untreated, will only get worse. But you can look and feel better, regain your self-esteem, have a better quality of life, and simply smile more with dental implants. Here are Some of the Benefits of Dental Implants-
- You will regain the chewing efficiency.
- You speech would normalise if teeth related defects had caused an abnormality.
- Your oral health will improve considerably.
- A successful dental implant tends to last for a long time with good care (which involves brushing and using mouthwash appropriately). So once you’ve undergone the procedure you don?t need to think any more about the replaced portion once it is accepted as a part of the body.
- A dental implant will reinstate your lost self-confidence concerning the visibility of the missing tooth.