While holding your newborn is surely one of the happiest moments of your life, the flap that sticks to your tummy post childbirth is not a very happy sight. So to ease your mind about what can you do to get rid of the fat and tone your stomach, here are some tips to get your tummy in shape.
- Breastfeed Your Baby: Breastfeeding your baby helps you burn calories as the milk produced in the body requires calories. Women who breastfeed their babies lose fat faster than women who don’t.
- Diet: Decrease your calorie intake slowly and not suddenly. Childbirth is a taxing process that takes a toll in the body, therefore proper nutrition is required by the body to allow it to heal. A sudden dip in calorie consumption can impair this process; hence take progressive steps to cut calories. You can reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your diet and avoid consumption of sugar.
- Exercise: You can opt for light exercises like yoga or pilates to keep your body toned and burn extra calories. Make sure the activities are not high impact as then they can affect the body in a negative way. Make sure to exercise regularly as it will also keep your body toned and heart healthy.
- Be Active: If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, you are more likely to put on weight. Start by being more active; don’t remain seated on the very same couch for extended periods of time. Since intense exercises post childbirth aren’t recommended, you can start with low-intensity cardio exercises such as walking.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated: Drinking 2-3 liters of water every day keeps your metabolic cylinders on fire; hence your body’s calorie burning capacity gets hiked. Drink more water as it will not only burn more calories but also improve your overall wellbeing.