By Dr Anubhav Gupta , Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery
A shapely body is desired by one and all. A fit, healthy and attractive body not only makes you look better but it invariably boosts up your level of confidence. The obsession or rather pursuit can however be a bit more intensified among females. Women who feel they are not well- endowed usually go in for breast implants to have enhanced curves.
These are a few points you should keep in mind while undergoing breast implants:-
- Choose your size- To prevent the surgery from being a revelation once it has been performed, it is best to try out and choose the size of your implants. Bead- filled sacks made up of neoprene can be stuffed inside your bra to help you understand and pick the size you want.
- Medical history of your family is a major concern- If any person in your family has had breast cancer, your risk of facing complications either during or after the surgery is heightened. The chances of facing surgical problems are also higher if you suffer from obesity or if you are a drug addict.
- Breast implants do not require you to be on leave for long- The area of the implant remains sore after surgery and hence you might be required to be on leave for a week. Though you won’t recover completely after a week, you will still be able to carry on with your professional life.
- The change can’t be drastic- Your expectations will fall flat on the ground if you anticipate a drastic change in your breast size. You have to undergo a series of surgeries to achieve your desired size as with each surgery your breasts increase by a couple of cup sizes only.
- Your nipples might turn numb to sensations- After surgery you may experience numbness in your nipples. They will respond to cold and sexual arousal but feelings in general will not be sensed.