By Dr Mamta Gupta , Homeopathy
Piles is a condition which is also called hemorrhoids. Piles is when the veins around the anus or the lower rectum get swollen and/or inflamed. It is a very common problem and it is seen that about half the population gets piles by the time they are 50 years of age.
What causes piles (Hemorrhoids)?
The exact reason why the changes in the veins within the lining of the anal canal occur and lead to piles (haemorrhoids) forming is not clear. Some piles seem to develop for no apparent reason. Certain situations increase the chance of piles developing:
Constipation- passing large stools (faeces), and straining at the toilet. These increase the pressure in and around the veins in the anus and seem to be a common reason for piles to develop.
Pregnancy- Piles are common during pregnancy. This is probably due to pressure effects of the baby lying above the rectum and anus, and the affect that the change in hormones during pregnancy can have on the veins.
Ageing- The tissues in the lining of the anus may become less supportive as we get older.
Hereditary Factors- Some people may inherit a weakness of the wall of the veins in the anal region.
Treating Piles With Homeopathy-
Here is everything you need to know about the typical homeopathic remedies for piles:
1. Aloe Socotrina- Aloe Socotrina is one of the most effective remedies for piles. It is especially good for protruding piles. The symptoms indicating that you have protruding piles include the fact that you will feel sore, painful and tender with a very intense burning and itching sensation as well.
2. Nux Vomica- This is the best homeopathic remedy when you have constipation along with your piles. This can be a good remedy if you, in addition to piles, also have the problem of being unable to pass stool.
3. Hamamelis- Hamamelis is a homeopathic remedy which is used when you have piles which are bleeding. Congestions in your vein as well as your tendency to bleed can all be controlled by hamamelis. It will also decrease the soreness or rawness near your anus.
4. Ratanhia- Ratanhia is one of the best remedies for piles when you have pain several hours after passing stool.
5. Aesculus- Aesculus is used when you have piles as well as a backache.
Avoid constipation and straining at the toilet-
Keep the stools (faeces) soft, and don’t strain on the toilet. You can do this by eating plenty of fibre such as fruit, vegetables, cereals, wholegrain bread, etc. and having lots to drinks.