By Isaac – International Skin & Anti Ageing Centre , Dermatology
Anti-aging skin care is a constantly growing and evolving industry. New techniques to make you look younger are constantly being devised. Let’s take a look at some of the most common types of anti-aging treatments available for you to choose from…
1. Laser and Other Light Related Treatments – In this treatment, a laser light or other forms of light energy are used to destroy old skin cells in the affected area. This encourages the growth of newer skin cells which, after healing, will make you look much younger.
2. Facelift Procedure – This is an extensive surgery where excess skin and fat are removed from your face. It has a long healing period but once healed, you can look younger for 5 to 10 years without the need for regular sessions.
3. Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion – Both of these techniques use sanding to scrub away old skin cells and encourage the growth of new cells in its place. The only difference is that microdermabrasion uses finer tools to achieve it and is quicker to heal.
4. Peels Made of Special Chemicals – To grow new and younger cells on your face, a very light acid based chemical will be used to dissolve the older cells. The new cells growing in its place will be tighter and thus, will give you a younger look.
5. Botox and Other Skin Tissue Fillers– Botox or botulinum toxin A is a chemical which can be injected into certain areas of the face to reduce wrinkles. This is especially effective for wrinkles on the forehead and cheeks and for the crow’s feet patterns near the eyes. Collagen, fats and other gels also work in a similar fashion.
6. Anti-Aging Creams – These creams or gels are to be applied on the skin and work on your skin to smoothen it and make you look younger. However, you should consult with the doctor before using any cream to determine which ones are genuine and what may work best for you.