By Dr. Anupam Dandgavhal , Ayurveda
Your liver generally consists of some amount of fat. But if the fat content in your liver goes beyond 10%, you might get fatty liver diseases. The two most common types of fatty liver diseases are Alcoholic liver disease and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. You might happen to develop this disease during pregnancy as your hormones might play an important role in accumulation of fat in liver cells.
Fatty liver is a medical condition in which the cells in your liver start accumulating abnormal amounts of fat. This amount of fat accumulation is usually accelerated by alcohol consumption. The accumulation of fat might be followed by progressive inflammation in the liver, which is commonly known as steatohepatitis.
However, this disease is a reversible condition and can be treated by availing certain treatments and remedies.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in the nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. We, in Ayurveda, believe that herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance and will.
Ayurveda uses the inherent power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. They improve the body metabolism and help recover from all disorders. The herbs improve the immunity and strengthen the vitality of the body in a healthy way. The infections with viruses and bacteria are relieved and the liver strengthened in a natural, herbal way.
Ayurvedic Treatments For Fatty Liver:
- Aloe Vera plant can prove to be very useful in treating this condition. Aloe Vera gel taken with black salt or in a natural juice form can cure fatty liver.
- Chicory flower extracts processed to make a juice can be beneficial in curing certain liver conditions. This juice can also help in restoring normal function in the liver cells.
- The bark of the henna plant soaked in water prevents your liver from enlarging during the fatty liver disease.
- Include foods which are rich in calcium to combat the abnormal retention of fat in your liver. Include more milk, cheese, kale, yogurt, sardines and almonds in your daily diet.
- Makoy or solanum indicum is a small weed which has amazing healing properties. Consuming this herb helps in reducing the alkaline phosphate and fatty liver cells in your body. It also stimulates the liver cells and aids their regeneration.
- Consuming long pepper with a teaspoon of honey once a week can also be an effective cure for fatty liver.