By Dr. Mani Sethi Sawhney , Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a treatment method in which disorders are treated with very short doses of natural substances. The treatment helps to alleviate issues that generate symptoms of the sickness. Homeopathy is an alternative method of treatment which goes by the principle that a particular substance that is capable of producing symptoms of sickness can actually produce better health if taken in the weakened state. While pediatrics, on the other hand, is a branch of medicine that not only takes care of the health of an infant but also children and adolescents. Therefore, pediatric homeopathy aims at applying the homeopathic theory to the health of infants and children.
- Homeopathic medicines are produced from plants, minerals, and natural substances. They are prescribed in very small doses so that they do not have any adverse effects and are one hundred percent non-toxic. Moreover, homeopathic medicines do not have any impact on the digestive system, lower the immunity, produce any allergy or even cause any side effect if taken for a long period of time.
- Children are susceptible to diseases due to their low or developing immune system. Homeopathic medicines treat the disorders at the very basic level and help in improving resistance or immunity so that the child does not fall sick regularly. The aim of homeopathy is to stimulate the child’s own curative power. In a way, homoeopathy helps the child’s body to heal itself.
- Children more prone to infections such as cold and cough, chickenpox, measles, urinary infection, diarrhoea, etc. The fast reaction or response time of homeopathic medications makes it a good treatment option for illnesses or disorders in children. It even heals tuberculosis in children.
- Homeopathy is a good choice for treatment for child-asthma that is a growing problem among urban children. The symptoms of wheezing cough and breathlessness can be reduced and prevented with these medications.
- Homeopathy can be used for psychological conditions as well such as hyperactivity.
- Certain habitual and psychosomatic problems such as nail-biting, thumb-sucking, desire to bite, breath-holding, bed wetting, head-aches also respond to homeopathy.
Today’s polluted and contaminated environment leads to many diseases and disorders, among children. Children and infants are prone to these diseases and illnesses due to their weak immune system.. Even though other forms of medications and treatment options offer a cure, they could come with many side-effects and a slower reaction time, unlike homeopathy. But homeopathy without a qualified practitioner’s guidance can produce adverse effects, as even though it is natural, it is a complex method to a treat an illness.