By Dr. Archana Agarwal, Homeopathy
Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disease. Psoriasis causes skin cells to multiply rapidly. It multiplies 1000 times the usual speed. As the skin cell formation increases, the cells that are young keep getting shoved on to the skin’s surface. They form dandruff-like, white and large flaky skin cells. There is skin inflammation and it itches. The itching is extremely troublesome. People who suffer from psoriasis sometimes scratch themselves raw and bloody.
Although it is understood that certain conditions tend to aggravate Psoriasis, the exact cause of Psoriasis is still not clear. A few known factors that can aggravate Psoriasis are as follows-
- Obesity- Being overweight is known to be an important contributing factor.
- Stress- Mental stress can be another factor which tends to increase the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Injury- Any injury to a particular body part can cause psoriasis to develop there.
- Drugs- Some medicines are also known to increase the incidence of this problem.
- Skin dryness- If the skin is dry, the itching and flake formation tends to increase.
Here are five best homeopathic remedies for psoriasis-
Graphites is one of the best psoriasis remedies in homeopathy. It is best for treating the constipation that sometimes accompanies psoriasis.
If the psoriasis is on the scalp or head, Mezereum works the best.
3. Arsenic Iodatum
If the psoriasis patches on the skin are of different colours, and the skin is dry, itchy and scaly, Ars-iod is the best remedy.
Sepia is beneficial if the skin emits any foul odor.
Obesity is a complementary symptom of psoriasis. Thyroidinum is beneficial in this case.