By Dr. Sajna Ali , Ayurveda
Researches show that in most countries, most common reason for death is Heart diseases. Unhealthy diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, smoking and obesity also contribute to heart diseases. Also, after a person attains 50 years of age, the heart requires extra care to execute its functions properly and remain healthy. Below mentioned are some ayurvedic tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Regular exercise is absolutely essential in order to maintain a healthy heart. Exercises will help you to reduce obesity, cholesterol and control your blood pressure or diabetes. Keeping a control over these factors will reduce the chances of heart diseases for you.
- Meditation is another important factor, which will help you to keep your heart healthy. Meditation reduces stress, which is essential for preventing heart diseases.
- A balanced diet can help you to maintain a healthy heart. A diet containing less amount of fat and cholesterol and more of fruits and green vegetables is helpful. Also try and avoid including too much of dairy products in your diet.
- Spices like cinnamon, turmeric, cloves and ginger can also reduce your chances of developing heart diseases. Try and include these in your daily cooking.
- Using coconut oil, sunflower oil or olive oil for your cooking can also help you to keep your heart healthy.
- Green tea and herbal tea can also contribute to a healthy heart, as these help to reduce cholesterol.
- Bilberry and grapes are the two fruits that can help you to maintain a healthy heart. Bilberry helps in proper blood circulation and grapes can prevent many heart diseases.
Nowadays, heart problems like heart attack are common to young people also. So, you must try to keep your heart healthy right from a very young age.