By Dr. Sonia Gupta , Homeopathy
Today, most of the women are suffering from chronic diseases. In the extremely busy life of today, women try to solve their issues by taking medicines themselves which provides temporary relief but does not cure it.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine which successfully treats and cures the complicated issues that women face with their health and body. Some of the major diseases of women that can be treated by homeopathic medicines are:
Menstruation is a healthy experience of a woman’s life, and it must come habitually every 28 days, for a period of 3-4 days without coagulating, and the blood loss should correspond to about a quarter of a cup. For a woman, the menstrual cycle is a virtuous indicator of her overall wellbeing. Some women get irregular periods that appear at longer intervals, an unpredictable discrepancy in the duration of the cycle and the normal twenty-eight-day cycle is missing. Some women have very insignificant problems with menstrual cycles, while others experience a monthly torture.
A. Irregular menses
Irregular menses is typical in early puberty and not generally perturbing. Women should be alarmed when periods are spaced out for more than two months, as this may suggest hormonal imbalance and ovulation problems. A woman’s customary hormonal cycle is contingent upon a subtle equilibrium between different hormones. Several potential triggers can stimulate hormonal imbalance leading to irregular menses. If a woman fails to ovulate, her ovaries will not receive a signal to produce a hormone called progesterone. Progesterone is essential in regulating the Uterine lining called endometrium, which is discarded during menstruation. Without progesterone, the endometrium persistently grows until it starts to break down and is disposed off as a very heavy uterine bleeding. The endometrium may also shed partially and intermittently, and bleeding becomes irregular or prolonged.
Causes of Irregular Menses:
- Birth control pills.
- Poor diet due to anorexia, bulimia can influence your hormones.
- Excessive weight loss or gain.
- Intense exercise.
- Anxiety regarding pregnancy.
- Uterine fibroids, cysts, polyps.
- PCOD: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (in this condition the ovary does not make all the hormones needed for an egg to mature fully, due to which some follicles remain as cysts, ovulation does not occur and the hormone progesterone is not made. Without progesterone a woman’s menstrual cycle is irregular or absent).
- Endometriosis (this is a condition where cells similar to those found inside the uterus grow and are attached outside the uterus forming implants. This can lead to infertility and irregular menses).
- Excessive production of Androgen (a steroid hormone such as testosterone that controls the development and maintenance of masculine characteristics).
- Pelvic infection.
- Ovarian cancer.
- Inflammatory Bowel disease.
- Thyroid disease.
- Heart disease.
Symptoms of Irregular Menses:
- Inconsistency in the length of menstrual cycle.
- Low energy levels.
- Sore breasts.
- Changes in sexual desire.
- Uterine cancer.
- Endometrial Hyperplasia (excessive cell growth in the inner lining of the uterus due to excessive estrogen production as a result of delayed ovulation).
Homeopathic Approach to Irregular Menses:
Homeopathy offers an extensive range of options than conventional medicine. Homeopathic treatment for Irregular Menstruation is very competent, non-invasive, safe and inexpensive. Homeopathy treats the patient as a whole and looks deeper into the problem, promotes the immune function and maintains uterine health by eliminating the causative factor. Homeopathic Constitutional treatment based on the holistic approach stimulates the natural hormonal balance without administering any harmful hormone preparations. The goal of this Homeopathic approach is to enliven the body’s natural healing and self-repair ability to treat the underlying condition, to prevent it and to create the highest state of health and well-being.
Constitutional Homeopathic treatment with the management of an experienced and professional Homeopath is an excellent choice for Irregular Menstruation. Some Homeopathic remedies that are commonly used to treat Menstrual Irregularities are given below. These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in Menstrual Irregularity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
B: Dysmenorrhea or painful menses
Menstrual cramps that occur during menstruation cycle can impair your regular activities. The menstrual cramps, also called dysmenorrhea, are caused by the uterine contractions. The intensity of the pain that a woman feels can be related to the woman s prostaglandin glands. Those who are with elevated levels of prostaglandin suffer from intense than those with lesser levels. Though the menstrual cramps are harmless, they do get unmanageable at times. Like dealing with any other pain, a relief becomes necessary.
C. Vaginal Yeast Infection:
The condition is also known as candidiasis. It is caused due to the overgrowth of the fungus candida which is present in the vagina.
- Irritation and itching in the vagina
- Pain, burning sensation and soreness
- Swelling and redness of the vulva
- Vaginal discharge of white color
Homeopathic Medicines for Vaginal Yeast Infection-
Some of the common medicines for treating it are Graphites, Helonias, Lycopodium, Natrum Muriaticum, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Thuja, Staphysagria, Candida albicans.
D. Hot Flashes- menopausal syndrome
It is the most common symptom of menopause. They are caused by the hormone fluctuations in women during menopause.
- Sudden warm feeling in face, neck and chest areas
- Cold chills
- Irregular heartbeat or rapid heartbeat
Homeopathic Medicines for Hot Flashes-
Some of the common medicines are Amylium Nitrosum, Belladonna, Glononium, Folliculinum, Lachesis, Sepia and Sanguinaria Canadensis.
E. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome-
It is a group of emotional and physical symptoms which is related to the menstrual cycle of a woman.
- Bloated abdomen
- Back pain
- Changes in appetites which include craving for certain foods
- Fast heartbeat
- Crying spells
- Feeling irritated, tired, tensed and anxious
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
- Joint pain
- Troubled sleep
- Weight gain
- Swollen feet or hands
- Swollen and tender breasts
- Disinterest in sex
- Wanting to be alone
Homeopathic Medicines For Treating PMS–
Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating the condition are Lachesis, Folliculinum, Pulsatilla, Lac Caninum, Natrum Muraticum and Sepia.
All the homeopathic medicines that are mentioned above should always be taken after proper consultation with the homeopathic doctors.
Self-care measures for females
- Relax and ease stress.
- Avoid exhausting physical exercise.
- Eliminate any eating disorders.
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce your intake of salt and caffeine.
Hence, appreciate a natural way to a healthy uterus, convalesce healthy living and curtail the changes that happen during your menstrual years. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.