By Dr. Gopinath Menon, Homeopathy
Bones are the basic support system of your body, therefore it is important to keep the bones healthy and strong. The bones in the body are constantly going through wear and tear where the bone’s material is being destroyed and rebuilt on a cellular level every day. However as you age or if you are afflicted by certain conditions, the capability to rebuild bone mass decreases and thus causes weakness in bones.
- Reduction in the capacity of bone regeneration due to advancing age.
- Menopause can also reduce the bone density due to problems such as osteoporosis.
- Medications such as corticosteroids or for other diseases such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disorders, asthma and lupus (autoimmune disease).
- Low testosterone levels in men.
- Smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis (Weak Bones):
- Joints pain
- Muscle pain
- Bones become prone to fractures
- Back pain
- Curved back bone
Homeopathic Remedies for Osteoporosis (Weak Bones):
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat osteoporosis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for osteoporosis treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult the best homeopathy doctor in Delhi in person. Some important remedies are given below for osteoporosis treatment:
- Calcaria Phos - It is an excellent remedy for osteoporosis. Delicate and easily breakable bones. The bones of the head are deficient in quality and quantity. This will promote the absorption of calcium from the food that the patient takes. No appetite, it is a bone builder and creates new blood cells. It gives general tone to the entire organism.
- Silicea - One of the most effective homeopathic medications in case of bone disorders, silicea is very effective in treating curvature of the bones on. Hip joint disorders and inflammation which worsens with exposure to cold are a few other indications where this medicine is very effective.
- Calcarea carbonica - This is very good in treating curvature of the spine or signs of osteoporosis that may be creeping in with advanced age. People who have suffered from or suffer from rickety conditions can also benefit from calcarea carbonica.
- Phosphoric acid - This is also a very effective medication for hip and spine problems but is also a very effective pain reliever for acute pain within the bones caused by bone mass loss.
- Mercurius - This is a very specialized medicine which is expressly meant to relieve pain from bone loss. Osteitis or the swelling of bone material is another condition which mercurius can provide relief from. It is also very effective in dealing with pain where pressing against the bone causes pain or sensitivity as well as moving and drawing pains across a bone.
- Calcarea Flourica - Bone degeneration may also lead to abnormal enlargement or even boney tumors. Calcarea Flourica is very effective in dealing with these malformations and the resulting pain. This medicine is also very effective in treating back pain caused by osteoporosis.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in weak bones. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.