By Dr. Amit Joshi , Sexology
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- In case of women, it is mandatory that they wash their genitals in a particular direction. It is recommended that the woman should wash from the vagina to the anus so that the transfer of germs from the anus to the vagina is prevented. It also helps in avoiding yeast infections.
- In case of uncircumcised men, it recommended that the area behind the foreskin be washed with warm water. Since it is susceptible to dead cells, bacteria and body fluids, the inner skin of the foreskin should also be washed.
- The hands and nails of both the partners should be washed before and after sex so that the transfer of bacteria and germs to the genitals is prevented.
- It is very important that the hair in private parts is trimmed properly. This is because the heat and sweat can cause boils and other skin problems.
- In order to avoid bad odour and embarrassment, women should abstain from having sex during the first three days of their periods.
- Oral sex should be avoided if the partner has sores near the genitals or around the mouth. This is recommended so that the germs are not passed to the other partner.
- A good amount of space should be maintained so that there is adequate ventilation and breathing room. Wearing tight underwear by men should be avoided.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. Enjoy sex sans any discomfort!