By Dr. Sonam Jain, Homeopathy
Asthma is a disease that intermittently affects the lungs. When it strikes, the lungs become inflamed and the airways narrow. The sufferer’s chest tightens, breathing becomes difficult or wheezy, and a persistent cough may develop – especially at night.
Asthma can be triggered by allergies or have its onset from a stressful period of life such as an infection, a grief, or even the birth of a baby. Thousands die from asthma each year. It is a serious disease that is increasing in frequency.
For children and adults alike, the struggle to breathe during an asthma attack can be a frightening experience. While conventional medications relieve many of the symptoms of asthma, they cannot cure it. With homoeopathy, it is a different story.
Causes of Asthma-
Researchers have identified the following as either causing or having strong links to the development of asthma:
- Caesarean sections,
- Antibiotic use in early life,
- Paracetamol (Panadol Or Tylenol) use in early life,
- Family history of asthma.
Homeopathy Treatment for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated.
I have had patients coming to me who had been using inhalers or steroids for decades. They could not live without them. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, they are able to live a disease free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Some common homeopathic remedies for asthma include:
- Natrum Sulph: This homeopathic remedy is best for children who are suffering from asthma. Also, if asthma worsens due to humid weather, and symptoms such as wheezing or coughs are present, Natrum Sulph can be an excellent remedy.
- Arsenic Album: If your asthmatic attacks occur mostly in the night, and you feel extremely restless, Arsenic Album can prove to be very helpful. It is helpful for both chronic (long-term symptoms) and acute (short-term symptoms) asthma.
- Kali Bichrome: Asthma attacks that occur during night and in winters are best treated with Kali Bichrome. The remedy is also used to treat asthma combined with acute bronchitis (infection-induced inflammation of the airways).
- Nux Vomica: Heaviness and fullness in stomach, especially after a meal, associated with breathing difficulties is treated with Nux vomica.
Other than these four remedies, some homeopathic remedies focus on other symptoms, such as:
a) Aconite for wheezing
b) Drosera and Phosphorus for asthmatic cough