By Looks Forever Hair And Skin Aesthetic Clinic, Dermatology
The dark circles can affect all and sundry irrespective of their age and sex. While lack of sound sleep and fatigue are often considered the prime factors responsible for dark circles, the fact is only partially correct. Dark circles can also be due to a host of other reasons. In this article, we will discuss the factors responsible for dark circles and remedies to overcome them.
What causes dark circles?
The dark circles appear when the thin layer of the skin under the eyes begin to show the reddish blue blood vessels.
- Sometimes, the problem of dark circles is found to be a genetic predisposition that runs in the family.
- The problem can also be an outcome of the aging process when the skin starts to lose the collagen and the fat cells.
- Increased exposure to sun rays can also trigger the appearance of dark circles (due to elevated production of the skin pigment melanin).
- Dark circles can appear in people suffering from certain medical conditions such as Allergic Rhinitis or Hay fever, Eczema, Contact Dermatitis, to name a few.
- Lastly, the problem can be a manifestation of extreme stress, fatigue, and lack of proper sleep.
Natural Remedies To Deal With Dark Circles-
- If the dark circles is an outcome of stress and fatigue, meditation and yoga can go a long way to relax and rejuvenate you, thereby reducing the dark circles.
- Tomatoes come as a much-needed relief for people with dark circles. All you need is to mix a teaspoon each of fresh tomato juice and lemon juice. Use your hands or cotton to apply the mixture to the affected area under your eyes. Keep it for around 10 minutes and then wash off the mixture with water. Regular application of this mixture twice a day will bring about significant results.
- Most of us have the habit of throwing away the used tea bags. The used tea bags can also help to reduce the dark circles. Just keep the tea bags in the fridge and once chilled, place the bags over your eyes. Do this on a regular basis and the dark circles will be a thing of the past.
- A simple almond oil massage can be highly effective against dark circles. Just oil massage the dark circles, preferably before going to bed and then wash it off the next morning.
- Cold milk can be equally helpful to deal with dark circles. All you need to do is dab a piece of cotton in cold milk. Next, cover your eyes with this cotton. After some time, wash it off with water. For maximum results, use it on a daily basis.
- Applying a mixture of orange juice and glycerine (just a few drops) on the dark circles can effectively reduce the dark circles.
- The regular use of cucumber (place the chilled cucumber slices on the dark circles) can play a pivotal role to diminish the dark circles.
However, these remedies only reduce the effect of dark circles, for best results, visit a dermatologist and seek medical help.