By Chennai Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery,
Filler injections are a type of cosmetic treatment primarily designed to smoothen out wrinkles or level out pitted scars in the skin, usually on the face. Filler injections generally raise or puff up the concerned area. In this way, they can also be injected into lips to make them look fuller. The fillers are not permanent. Eventually, they are naturally broken down in the body. This makes them safer than permanent cosmetic procedures.
Type of Filler Injections-
The different types of filler injections include:
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Fat cells from your body (autologous fat)
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite
- Bovine Collagen
- Man-made biodegradable polymers like Sculptra
- Microscopic plastic beads along with bovine collagen
The entire operation is normally quick and only takes about 15 minutes to complete. Firstly, the treatment session will be administered under a local anesthetic, followed by the insertion of a needle in order to inject the filler into your skin. Certain fillers may take just a day to complete whereas others may require a number of successive sessions that can span over a couple of weeks. The duration of the treatment depends upon the nature and degree of the filler, the area being worked on and your skin’s reaction to the filler.
- Some amount of pain in the concerned area.
- Increased redness.
- Swelling that may last up to 36 hours.
- Itching, most often in those who have sensitive skin.
Some of the possible risks and complications that may arise out of the treatment include:
- Infection and irritation in the skin.
- Allergic reactions like rashes or flu-like conditions.
- Bleeding in the injected area.
- Your skin surface may appear lumpy after the operation.