By Dr. Vivek Gupta, Homeopathy
Psoriasis is an autoimmune chronic skin disorder that is characterized by patches of abnormal skin. These patches are red, itchy and scaly. Its severity may range from a small and localized patch to patches on the entire body.
There are several factors that can cause psoriasis:
- Genetic Cause: There are 9 gene mutations found, which may cause psoriasis on your skin. These mutations of the genes cause certain cells to function differently in your body, thus leading to psoriasis.
- Immune System: Improper functioning of your immune system may also cause psoriasis. If you have Psoriasis, the white blood cells in your body become overactive, unlike in a normal immune system
- Environmental Causes: Various environmental factors can also trigger psoriasis. Low calcium levels in the body, infections, or a skin injury can all lead to psoriasis.
- You may experience scaly red skin patches. These are commonly found on your scalp, elbows or knees.
- You may also have cracked or dry skin that might even bleed.
- Inflammation of the skin along with itching.
- There may be swelling, pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Thick or ridged nails
The use of moisturizer is advised along with proper homoeopathic treatment.
However, it is always recommended to consult the homeopathic practitioner before opting for any form of treatment.