By Dr. Rajesh Dungrani, Homeopathy
Psoriasis is a skin disease characterised by well defined red patches covered in silvery white scales. The skin lesions in psoriasis may be attended with itching and burning, the intensity varying from case to case.
Pain may be present along with itching and burning in psoriatic eruptions. The various factors that can trigger psoriasis are stress, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, skin trauma and cold weather.
Homeopathy is a natural, safe and effective science that treats skin complaints wonderfully well. Homeopathic medicines remain very successful in treating psoriasis. Homeopathic medicines follow a curative approach in treating psoriasis and do not suppress it. In fact, by the time treatment ends, psoriasis is completely eradicated, in its full extent.
Top Homeopathic medicines have shown remarkable results in all kinds of psoriasis, including psoriatic arthritis. Homeopathic Medicines:
1. Sulphur – Excellent Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis. For psoriasis with intense itching in psoriatic lesions, Sulphur is an excellent choice of Homeopathic medicine. Though itching is present throughout the day, it gets worse in during the evening and at night. Intense burning on the skin may also be felt. The skin is dry, unhealthy, dirty looking and covered in scales. Also, if the psoriasis worsens in damp weather, Sulphur will work best. It is also a good choice of Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis cases that have been suppressed with external applications such as ointments.
2. Arsenic Iodatum – Wonderful Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis with exfoliation of scales A highly useful Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis with extreme exfoliation of abundant scales from the skin is Arsenic Iodatum. Beneath the scales, raw red skin is exposed. Dryness of skin with itching may also be present.
3. Graphites Naturalis – Top rated Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis of scalp Graphites is useful where the scalp is covered in excessive scales. It is attended with intense itching. The scalp may emit foul odour and the hair may get matted together. Burning sensation on the scalp may arise in hot weather. The psoriatic lesions extend behind the ears. Graphites is also helpful in treating rawness in bends of skin as in the groin, armpits and behind the ears. Graphites also offer help in nail psoriasis for deformed, crumbled, thick and painful nails.
4. Antimonium Crudum – Best Homeopathic medicine for nail psoriasis Antimonium Crudum is a very useful Homeopathic medicine for treating nail psoriasis. The person needing Antimonium Crudum has brittle nails. In some cases, the nails grow out of shape. Nail discoloration is also observed. If there is pain under the skin of the nail, Antimonium Crudum is the ideal choice of Homeopathic medicine.
5. Rhus Tox – Homeopathic medicine for joint pains in psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis Rhus Tox is one of the best Homeopathic medicines for joint pains arising in psoriasis cases. A person who needs prescribing Rhus Tox will have highly inflamed and painful joints. Joint stiffness will be marked. Warm applications on the affected joints bring relief. Movement, too, provides relief. On the other hand, exposure to cold air worsens joint pains.
6. Arsenic Album – Effective Homeopathic medicine for psoriasis Arsenic Album is one of the highly effective Homeopathic medicines for treating psoriasis. Indicative symptoms for use of Arsenic Album include rough patches of skin covered in scales. The patches may be brownish or blackish in colour. A roughness of the skin is very well marked. Burning sensation in eruptions may arise. The skin may be oversensitive. Swelling may also be present on the skin along with dry, patchy eruptions.
Lifestyle changes can help manage psoriasis better
Small changes in lifestyle can help manage psoriasis to a large extent. These measures include:
- Use mild soap while bathing
- Avoid bathing with warm water
- For excessively dry skin, apply coconut oil
- Quite smoking and alcohol
- Some sun exposure may help psoriasis while excessive exposure will worsen symptoms
- Stress management will reduce psoriasis flare-ups
You can write about your problem To Dr. Rajesh Dungrani and receive a reply on How Homeopathy can help in treating psoriasis.