By, Dr. A.K Gupta, Homeopathy
Motion sickness is a condition where, the movement you visualize from your eyes are not in sync with the other organs which also perceive motion. It generally occurs while travelling in trains, buses, cars or boats. Riding on a roller coaster can also give you such feeling. Motion sickness generally causes dizziness and nausea followed by vomiting. Children and pregnant women are more likely to develop motion sickness.
Symptoms of Motion Sickness:
2. Cold sweats
6. Dilated pupils
Motion sickness can be prevented by using some home remedies such as:
1. Sucking onto small pieces of ginger before boarding a car or a bus can be very helpful in avoiding motion sickness.
2. Peppermint can be consumed. Not only tasty but it also helps to avoid nausea. Peppermint tea and peppermint candy can also be ingested.
3. Herbs like rosemary, fennel, basil and majoram is natural as well as effective in preventing motion sickness. These herbs can easily be found in Indian and Asian stores.
4. If you are already facing motion sickness, chewing cloves can help reduce dizziness and nausea.
5. Aromatherapy is also very helpful in avoiding motion sickness. Put some lavender oil or peppermint oil in an air carrier and place it in your car or whichever vehicle you are travelling in. This will not only make your car smell good but also prevent you from feeling nausea or sick.
Motion sickness can ruin your vacation and your travel experience. It is advisable to follow these above mentioned homeopathic remedies as they are absolutely safe, natural and doesn’t cause any side effects.