By, Dr. Ajaya Kashyap, Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery
Vaginal Rejuvenation and similar surgeries fall under the category of genital Cosmetic Surgeries. These surgeries are means of restoring your vagina to a more youthful state. The surgery is done to reshape the genital area and tighten the muscles which might have loosened up due to childbirth, age or weight fluctuations.
The surgeries consist of procedures like Vaginoplasty, Thermi VA and Labiaplasty. Generally, any of these three procedures are performed. Sometimes, combination is required, depending on the individual’s choice.
- Vaginoplasty is generally performed to tighten the vagina by removing excess tissues, thus making the opening smaller and strengthening its walls. This sort of surgery is meant to improve your sexual experience.
- Labiaplasty is done to give a better shape to the labia or the lips around the vagina. If the tissues of the labia are too large, they can be removed by a minor operation.
The only non surgical treatment for Vaginal Rejuvenation is Thermi VA, which uses Radio Frequency to tighten the Inner and Outer part of Vagina. This technology is US FDA approved also. It is very safe, painless and no downtime. Vaginal Rejuvenation is one of the most popular forms of Cosmetic Surgeries today, having gained a lot of popularity since the early 2000s.
The Advantages of this procedure are
1. It tightens the vagina which means better sex life.
2. It enhances your self-confidence.
Who Should Undergo this Surgery?
1. If prior surgeries have caused scarring in the genitals.
2. If your vaginal muscles sag due to aging or other factors
A large number of women who have undergone such procedures reported as being happy with the results. They also felt that their sex lives had been enhanced due to the surgery.