By Dr. Jagmati, Homeopathy,
Kidney stones are solid mineral clusters formed in the urinary tract due to dehydration, urine infection and Vitamin A deficiency. Kidney stones can be diagnosed only after symptoms of pain appear in the abdomen, back or genital regions. The movement of the kidney stones towards the ureter primarily causes the pain. There will be no sensation of pain if the stones are small. Other associated symptoms include severe and multiple instances of urinating which can be a very painful experience, nausea, vomiting, blood in urine, loss of body weight and high fever.
In allopathy, there is no known treatment for kidney stones or renal calculi except surgery. On the one hand, getting a surgery involves a lot of emotional and physical suffering. At the same time, it is costly also and sets you back quite a bit. The other disadvantage is that while the stones are removed using the surgical option, there is no way one can be sure that the stones will not form again. In the homeopathic system of medicine, one can easily remove the kidney stones naturally with simple homeopathic medicines. The advantage of homeopathy is that you can avoid surgery and it also cures the tendency of the body to form stones. This means that the chances of the stones being formed again are next to nil. Homeopathy offers the best alternative non-surgical treatment for kidney stones.Homeopathy can completely destroy the kidney stones within a short duration of time without having to resort to surgical procedures.
The Homeopathic medications that can be useful for the treatment of kidney stones are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris – If the kidney stone occurs in the left side of the body along with symptoms of intense pain and numbness in the kidney region Berberis is a very effective medication. Other symptoms may include a burning sensation caused due to physical movement and intense pain extending to the urethra from the back.
- Benzoic Acid – Benzoic acid is useful if there are symptoms such as a pungent smell from the urine and dark-brown color of the urine. This occurs due to the movement of stones within the urethra and causing abrasions on the tract.
- Sarsaparilla – If the symptoms include a simmering sensation in the urethra after every instance of urination, the presence of white deposits in urine and a very weak urine stream, Sarsaparilla can be very effective.
- Ipomea nil – Ipomea nil is useful if there are symptoms of nausea in general and intense pain in the renal areas which extends to the ureter while the stone passes from the kidney to the bladder.
- Lycopodium – If the kidney stone occurs on the right side of the body along with the symptoms of intense pain in the back which go away after urination and multiple instances of urination in the night time, Lycopodium can prove to be a useful remedy.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Infertility. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.