By Dr. Jagmati, Homeopathy,
The thyroid gland is one of the most important ductless glands of the body which is responsible for secretion of hormones which in turn regulates some of the more important functions of the various internal organs.
What do thyroid glands regulate?
Some of the functions carried out by the activities of the thyroid gland are –
- Strengthening of the immune system.
- Overall body growth.
- Regulation of body temperature.
- Development of the brain to name just a few.
Disorders of the Thyroid Gland-
The most common disorder of the thyroid glands include:
- Hyperthyroidism – Where the thyroid gland is overactive.
- Goiter – A swelling of the areas around the gland.
- Hypothyroidism – An under-active thyroid gland.
- Thyroid cancer.
- Thyroiditis – An inflammation of the gland.
Homeopathy Treatment for Thyroid
Conventional treatment for thyroid disease involves a lifelong medication or painful process. Although there are many alternative treatments, among all those treatments thyroid treatment in homeopathy is a good way to opt because it will have no side effects and also a painless procedure to control and get relief. While in homeopathy, we propose to treat the problem not by supplementing the deficiencies or surplus, but by reactivation of efficient thyroid glandular function. Our immune system is also under constant attack from toxins within air, water and food supply.
These pollutants, over-stimulate our immune system, create autoimmune reactions and damage thyroid function. In Homeopathy, we provide constitutional treatment which focuses on improving the function of the thyroid gland by natural means. The constitutional remedies will stimulate the body to reactivate thyroid secretions. In our thyroid treatment we will help to boost energy, improve circulation and thereby help balancing hypo as well as hypothyroid functions. It may be also used as a supportive help for regulating both hypo and hyper thyroid functions.
Some of the commonly used homeopathic treatments for thyroid diseases are discussed below:
- Lycopus – Useful for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and cysts on the gland.
- Fucus Vesiculosus – This homeopathic preparation is useful for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism along with cysts on the glands as well. This preparation is useful in the stimulation of the hormones and thus happens to be a popular remedy.
- Calcarea Carbonica – It is extremely useful for patients suffering from hypothyroidism along with symptoms of intense sweating in the head, sudden cravings for boiled egg, eating indigestible materials like pencils or chalk and also suffering from constipation.
- Graphites – Useful for treating hypothyroidism in people who suffer from obesity and frequently suffer from common cold along with symptoms of depression, constipation, and fickle-mindedness.
- Natrum Muriaticum – If the patient suffers from hyperthyroidism and shows symptoms such as a severe headache if exposed to the sun, unnatural craving for salt, irritability, depression, abnormal loss of body weight and severe pain in the neck, Natrum Muriaticum can be recommended.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines Thyroid. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.