By Dr. Rahul Gupta, Sexology,
Sexual Problems in Women
- Orgasm Concerns: Certain antidepressant medications can lead to an inability to orgasm. It can also have psychological causes such as anxiety and depression.
- Dryness of the Vagina: Vaginal dryness occurs due to hormonal changes that occur in the body once menopause sets in. This leads to pain during sexual intercourse and impaired sexual arousal. Certain psychological issues such as anticipation or fear of painful sex and anxiety can also cause vaginal dryness.
- Pain during Sex: Women may experience pain during sexual intercourse which may be caused by dryness in the vagina or endometriosis. Pain during sex can also be accompanied by a burning sensation in the genitals.
- Low Libido: Low levels of estrogen hormone in your body can lead to low libido. Other causes are anxiety, fatigue, and depression. Low female libido is characterized by persistent lack of interest in intimate relations which can be a very frustrating situation for a married couple as it brings about dullness and stagnancy in their lives.
All about Sexual Desires in Women
- The sexual desires in a woman change from time to time. They vary according to different phases of her life.
- There are many hormonal changes occurring in phases like menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause.
- There are many changes in a female’s libido which can lead to low female sex drive.
- Factors such as aging, illness, trauma, low energy levels, effects of medications, reproductive system issues, job stress, and bad lifestyle habits are major reasons for low libido.
- Aphrodisiacs: These are ayurvedic herbs which boost sex power. These are the herbs and medicines that promote sexual vigour in females.
- Maidenhair: It is known as a women’s herb to increase all-round sexual function and health in women. Maidenhair helps to balance levels of estrogen and progesterone in the female body and can improve sexual drive and function.
- Ashwagandha: It is a potent aphrodisiac, which is known to increase blood flow to the clitoris and other female sexual organs, creating an intense sexual pleasure.
- Gokshura: It causes increased desire, increased arousal, lubrication, intense orgasms, and satisfaction. It is known to stimulate androgen receptors in the brain making a female’s body much more responsive to testosterone and other sex hormones.
- Shatavari: An aphrodisiac for women; it has tonic and calming properties. Besides increasing energy levels, it also helps regulate the levels of the female hormones and thus, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the reproductive system. Although primarily prescribed for women, Shatavari is also considered useful to increase the sex drive in men too.
The ingredients of female libido enhancement pills are Safed Musli, Kali Musli, Nagbala, Sudh Shilajit, Bang Bhasma, Abhrak Bhasma, Lauh Bhasma, Vidarikand, Ramayphal, and Ras Sindur Bhasma.