By Dr. Sangeeta Varma, Dermatology,
Human skin, especially the upper layer of the epidermis acts as a protective barrier against the various toxins and pollutants of the environment. The skin is exposed to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, volatile organic compounds, particulate pollutants etc. A prolonged exposure to these pollutants can cause adverse effects. It can cause allergic reactions, inflammations, and rapid skin aging. Eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis are some of the skin conditions that might arise out of overexposure to air pollutants.
What is Hydra Facial?
Hydra Facial is a skin treatment that helps improve the health and appearance of the skin. It uses powerful anti-oxidants to counteract the damaging effects of the Sun, stress and pollutants. It helps arrest the aging process of the skin giving it a healthy, youthful glow. Suitable for all skin types, it helps detoxify the facial skin by removing the dead skin cells and enhancing collagen levels.
Hydra Facial therapy consists of four different steps-
Cleansing and Exfoliation-
In this step, the dead cells and debris on the topmost layer of the skin are removed and new cells rejuvenated. The pores on the skin are cleaned and nourished.
- Acid Peel- A glycolic/ salicylic acid peel is used to gently diminish the scars caused by acne or the damage caused by the Sun’s harsh rays.
- Extractions- In this step of the facial, the technician removes the dirt and pollutants from the clogged pores by a process of vacuum suction.
- Serum Application- A serum rich in antioxidants and collagen is infused into the skin to promote hydration and elasticity.
What Does It Do?
Hydra Facials helps remove whiteheads and blackheads. It helps remove fine lines and other signs of aging. It helps manage sun damage and the hyper-pigmentation and brown spots that result from it. It helps cleanse congested pores and prevents acne and skin inflammation.
- Quick Results: The Hydra Facial treatment takes only about half an hour and the results are immediately noticeable. Being extremely gentle, it causes no unpleasant irritations or skin reactions after the procedure.
- Glowing Complexion: By reducing visible pores and fine lines it improves the texture of your complexion. It brightens your skin by removing imperfections. It helps keep the skin smooth and soft.
- Protection: By infusing the skin with antioxidants and essential vitamins, it only moisturizes and hydrates the skin, it also helps protect the skin from the adverse effects of environmental pollution.
You can get your skin assessed by a professional and then tailor the treatment to suit your individual needs to attain the best results.