By Dr. Vanshaj Goel, Homeopathy,
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is referred to as a group of disorders that are characterized by a high blood sugar level. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the secretion of insulin (a pancreatic hormone responsible for converting the sugar from consumed foods into energy) is insufficient or the body cells do not properly respond to insulin. Insufficient secretion of insulin causes glucose formation in the bloodstream and mixes with the urine.
The psychological factors responsible for Daibetes Mellitus. In majority (not all), this disease orginiates with some recent stress in life. This disease is an epidemic in late thirties till Fifties. In this age, a person is productive in his profession and most of the time there are job or financial issues that play a very vital role in generating stress and hence Diabetes.
Mostly, in my practice patients reported, before developing Diabetes, a recent financial loss or strain, love disappointment, a betrayal, or fear of loosing a job etc., Sedentary habits, diet and genetic factors are secondary. Homeopathy keep such things in account befre prescribing and in many cases Diabetes is reversible. Thers is a vast field of diabetic complications where Homeopathy has a LOT to offer. One of them is diabetic neuropathy. For example pain in soles, nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcer etc.
Homeopathy For Diabetes-
In homeopathy, the main focus in homeopathy is on the stress that the person has suffered recently. His response to the stress is considered to prescribe correctly. Everyone reacts differetnly to a particular stress situation. The individuality is the focus of a good homeopathic prescriber. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time.
Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor. The homeopathic preparations useful for diabetes are as follows:
- Phosphoric acid: Useful remedy for diabetes with the symptoms of recurrent physical or mental exhaustion, loss of memory and numbness in the feet.
- Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic preparation is useful for diabetics who show the symptoms of polyuria, an increased sensation of hunger and weakness in the muscles.
- Syzygium Jambolanum: Useful in reducing the blood sugar level quickly and effectively. This homeopathic preparation is also useful to cure diabetics with the symptoms of polyuria, increased sensation of thirst and long-term ulcers.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: This Homeopathic preparation acts as a useful remedy for diabetics who are experiencing the symptoms of weight loss with a severe lack in energy levels.
- Uranium Nitricum: This homeopathic preparation is a useful cure for diabetes with the symptoms of depression, nausea, irregular urination, severe pain in the back, delayed menstrual periods in women, significant pain in the head and dry skin.
Note: At times, a combination of two or more homeopathic preparations can be used to cure the symptoms of diabetes. For example, a prescribed dosage of Lachesis, Arnica, Belladonna and Phosphorus can be effective to treat the damage caused to the eye tissues. A combined dosage of Helonias, Sulphur, and Phosphoric acid can be also beneficial in curing nerve disorders such as numb feet or hands. Hence, it is always recommended to consult a homeopath to treat a specific case. Other problems that can be effectively treated by Homeopathy in Diabetics is pin in soles or nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcers etc.