By Saigram Ayurveda, Ayurveda,
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that focuses on getting rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms. The treatments are natural and free from side effects, unlike conventional treatments for blood pressure. Apart from stabilizing your blood pressure, it also improves your overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for blood pressure are:
- Follow a Healthy Diet- Diet plays an important role in helping you maintain steady blood pressure levels; eat whole and natural foods that provide nourishment to the body. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables and limit consumption of meat, especially red meat. Avoid saturated foods that can increase bad cholesterol levels in the body leading to high blood pressure.
- There cannot be a substitute for regular exercise- Exercise can help in strengthening the heart muscles. Stronger heart muscles result in lower blood pressure levels. Include cardiovascular exercises such as running and swimming in your workout regimen.
- No. Meditating isn’t necessarily boring- Meditation has been proven to have beneficial effects on high blood pressure levels in the body. This time honored technique has also been known to reduce stress; that is a major trigger of high blood pressure. To start off, you can begin with simple techniques such as just focusing on your breathing rhythms.
- Reduce Salt Intake- Limit your consumption of salt as it can impair the functioning of the kidneys to get rid of excess water, thus resulting in high blood pressure.
- If Possible, Stop Taking Alchohol Every day! While an occasional peg of that fine single malt you gifted yourself is absolutely fine, rather good, consuming alcohol regularly and in large quantities can wreak havoc on your blood pressure levels. Limit your consumption to one or two drinks every day.
- Quit smoking- Smoking leads to narrowing of the arteries and thus, makes your heart work harder to pump blood. This raises your blood pressure and also increases the risks of a sudden heart attack.