By Dr. Daleep Kumar Sharma, Dermatology,
Anti-ageing treatments for men are on the rise because of a number of reasons such as the urge to look young for better career and dating prospects. Most men feel that they lose ground to younger men, especially when it comes down to career prospects. This reason prompts them to opt for aesthetic treatments which help them look their age, or even younger. Apart from following a strict diet and exercising on a regular basis, you may opt for these treatments:
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves removing the top layer of the skin by using a formulation with a suction device. This allows new skin with proper texture to pop up on the surface. It helps in removing dead cells and improving your complexion. The effects of the treatment last for a few months.
- Botox: Botox treatments involve injecting Botulinum A toxin in the muscles which makes the skin look smoother and younger. The wrinkles on the skin are allowed to relax; this treatment is usually performed on the man’s forehead.
- Laser Hair Removal: Laser hair removal is used to get rid of hair from the body. The laser is passed through the skin which damages the hair follicles; thus causing the hair to fall off and not allowing it to grow again.
- Chemical Peel: This treatment involves chemicals to get rid of damaged skin which removes wrinkles and fine lines. It can also stimulate production of collagen, correct sun damage and improve texture of the skin.
- Exfoliating Treatment: A simple exfoliation of your skin can get rid of dead cells and dirt from your skin. It also tightens the skin pores and revitalizes the skin.